Recently DC AMU let out their Apokalips War movie which conceptually was cool, but the fights and story were so fucking stupid it makes Buu-arc DBZ look good.
Black Manta, Bane and any DC characters killed, die like utter retards killing fodder and then suddenly dying to them for no fucking reason except shitty writing. At least with shonen anime they have these characters fight for a really long time and getting sloppy from fatigue, but noooo we gotta play stoopid! Lex Luthor doesn't even bust out his anti-Superman power suit for no reason, despite it letting him clash with supes and despite him having body modifications that make him above superhuman on his own.
>Inb4 being part Doomsday
They're not that fast, and their strength is comparable to high-tier superhumans. Given their weakness to kryptonite (and it's copious use) as well as the fact that they aren't nearly as berserkers (or strong) as actual Doomsday, it's irrellevant. They're fodder and shouldn't be able to even scratch higher-tier characters (who seem to forget their most powerful attacks).
Even when it's not against fodder people die like morons, FFS The Green Lanterns get killed as they CHARGE at Darkseid as if their power rings don't let them use attacks from any range. Not one of these morons puts up a shield, one of the super-man tier characters gets fucking killed by a bullet to the forehead. And Cheeetah a character who fights one-one with Wonder woman (who in turn matches Superman at times) gets killed by bullets.
Swampthing gets turned into a joke despite being a living embodiment of The Green, a force comparable to the Omega and the Speed Force, existing long before Darkseid, and will exist long after Darkseid. As we’ve seen what someone can do just by tapping into a significant portion of the Speed Force, the power of it is immense. Over time, Swamp Thing has learnt to control The Green more and more, eventfully mastering it, as it represents all green life in the universe, not just plant life on earth. Poison Ivy is also aware of The Green's existence, due to being intrinsically linked to her plants. And while different representations of different Forces vary in strength, Swampthing is essentially limitless in terms of regeneration, as you would have to torch every single habitable planet on the universe to kill him.
- Who the hell thought it was a good idea to bring the Martian and the Atlanteans to a world where there’s only fire?
- Why the fuck doesn't Cyborg regenerate his parts? He's literally implanted into a wall of the same technology that his own cybernetics are made of!
- Why are they attacking the tower when Luthor, Genius at 4D chess, would just as likely help them if they just talked to him convincingly. Hell he just up and switches around 5 minutes later. He may be a self-serving sociopath, but he isn't stupid enough to engage in infighting during a matter of life or death of humanity.
- Do you expect me to believe that the Tamaranians would just let their princess be turned into a cyborg automaton without some kind of retaliation? They are powerful and technologically advanced, while no match for Darkseid, they would likely be useful allies to taking down his forces. They aren't shown to be beaten and we don't see them join in so WTH?
- While Etrigan's nihilistic boredom is great, he gets killed really randomly, he's an immortal demon with insane healing - a sword through the chest is par for the course.
The 3D models of the Paradooms are also unsettling as fuck, they're borderline Berserk3D tier.
TL;DR: Bane & Black Manta - both feared & intelligent adversaries of Batman & Aquaman - Ripped apart after both non-characteristically pulling a Leeroy Jenkins into a horde of Doomsdays... just like the majority of the cast. Etrigan was the only good character. A real disappointment over-all, especially compared to movies like the ones involving Flash or Doomsday and even more so in contrast to Batman TAS and Superman TAS.